The first Australia-wide commemoration of International Holocaust Remembrance Day took place on 27 January at 7pm AEDT (NSW, VIC, TAS, & ACT).
Holocaust Museums across Australia united to present a moving and memorable commemoration. This online event illuminated ways that we can all be a light for humanity in the darkness, through the inspiring words of Holocaust survivors and leaders in society.
Notable speakers included:
• Prime Minister the Hon. Scott Morrison MP
• The Hon. Josh Frydenberg MP
• Senator The Hon. Penny Wong
• The Hon. Justice Michael Kirby AC CMG
• Holocaust Survivor Olga Horak OAM
• John Gandel AC, Chairman of Gandel Philanthropy
• Gideon Reisner, CEO of Stand Up
Holocaust survivors from across Australia also participated in a moving candle lighting ceremony to ensure that the memory of the 6 million murdered in the Holocaust, is never forgotten.